Student Bookable Spaces
The student library study rooms are free, bookable spaces appropriate for collaborative study or group work with peers. Each room has a table, chairs, and interactive SMART Board. SMARTboard pens can be borrowed from the Library Service Desk by showing a valid Student ID. If you would like to connect your personal computer to the SMARTboard we also have sets of cables available for use.
Choose your campus:
- Please Note: Bookings for Davies Hall and the Lower Concourse rooms in Kingston will continue to be taken on the old website.
Different types of learning spaces are available at each campus library. Group Study Rooms may be booked online up to two weeks in advance.
How do I book a Group Study Room in the library?
Only members of the college with @student.sl.on.ca as their email may book a room.
- After selecting your campus from the list, choose a room and then select the desired timeslot.
- Blue squares are available.
- Grey squares are already booked (unavailable).
- Once you choose a slot your booking will be highlighted in yellow (mustard).
- Use the drop-down menu at the botton of the page to choose your time, from 30 minutes to 2 hours, click on Continue.
- You will be prompted to sign into SLC.me if you aren't already.
- Your booking is then held for 5 minutes, you must read the Terms and Conditions and hit Continue.
- Your own name and email address will be automatically populated, the last step is then to fill out any required/optional questions in the form and hit Submit my Booking.
- You will recieve a confirmation email right away, as well as a reminder email 2 hours before your booking is set to start. You will also recieve a file (.ICS) to add the booking to your calendar.
If you are unable to keep your booking, please cancel it with the link provided in your email(s) or contact the library ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
What are the Group Study Room policies?
- Group Study Rooms are for use by current SLC students only.
- Minimum of 2 students, maximum of 8 students per room.
- Maximum of 2 hours (120 minutes) per student. If the room is not in use within 15 minutes of the appointment starting, the appointment will be canceled.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in study/board rooms as staff are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Food is allowed. Students are expected to dispose of all garbage and leave rooms clean for others.
- Repeated misuse and/or failure to follow the direction of college staff may result in suspension of booking privileges and/or referral to the Student Code of Conduct.